What is Scrip?
Scrip are gift certificates from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift certificates that you buy at the store. Hundreds of popular retailers participate in our scrip program.
Scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates to Redeemer at a discount. Member families like yours buy the certificates for full face value, and redeem them for full face value. Our school keeps the difference (rebate) as revenue. Redeemer earns the rebate when the scrip is sold not when it is redeemed. Everybody wins:
• The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business…
• You get a powerful fundraising alternative that involves no selling…
• Our school gets a regular source of revenue to supplement the annual giving you may already be doing.
You can earn money for our school without spending a single additional penny. Just spend your shopping dollars with scrip at the stores that participate in the scrip program! And scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food/pharmacy, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and even dining out; office purchase including electronics, supplies, client appreciation; and special purchase including home remodeling or decorating and travel.
This year we are very excited to offer you a choice in how the rebate is distributed. You may elect to have 100% of the rebate distributed to the Redeemer School Annual Fund, or you can elect to apply 50% of the rebate to the Annual Fund and 50% of the rebate to your families’ tuition and fees. If you are interested in the later, please read over the Guidelines for the Rebate Distribution for the 50/50 Split. After reading the guidelines, you are ready to make your selection on the Distribution Election Form.
How do I start?
It is easy.
• Complete the Family Enrollment Form and the Distribution Election Form and turn it into the School Office.
• Log onto www.ShopwithScrip.com to view list of participating retailers and discounts given and create a new user account linking your account to Redeemer School: E244FF241836L.
• Place your order online using your ShopwithScrip account.
• Drop off payment and completed order form at the School Office by order deadline dates.
• Your order will be processed and your Scrip available for your pick up at Redeemer the next Thursday following the order deadline dates.
Jot down a list of retailers you will shop in the next two weeks:
Routine: Grocery/Pharmacy, Clothing, Dining, Gas. . .
Special: Office supplies, Birthdays, Vacation travel arrangements, Home remodeling projects. . .
. . . You get the picture!
Instead of writing a check to these stores, order scrip through the school and when your use that ‘gift card’ those retailers will be ‘gifting’ to Redeemer’s Annual Fund.
You can also get your extended family involved as well. Any purchases they make can benefit the school’s Annual Fund as well as your account directly. They will just need to fill out the Enrollment Form and Distribution Election Form and designate your family as the beneficiary.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Scrip Enrollment Form
Guidelines for 50/50 Distribution